Out-of-hours works: Margaret Street Riverside Expressway off-ramp temporary closure for southbound traffic only
Over the weekend of Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 September 2021, out-of-hours works and a temporary traffic detour will be required while a tower crane adjacent to the Margaret St off-ramp climbs higher.
To minimise traffic disruption and for the safety of workers, out-of-hours works are scheduled on both Saturday and Sunday 11 and 12 September from 3am and 11am each day. At all other times, Margaret St access will be possible for southbound traffic.
All works are subject to weather and site conditions, if required these works will be rescheduled to the next available weekend.
Work will occur within the Queen’s Wharf site with the Margaret Street off-ramp temporary closed to allow an exclusion zone while works are underway (see map). A temporary lane closure and reduced speed limits will be in place for southbound traffic.
Temporary traffic changes:
For southbound in-bound city traffic, use Elizabeth St or Turbot St Riverside Expressway off-ramps. Access to 1 William Street will be via Gardens Point Road. Access to 1 William Street will be maintained at all times.
What to expect:
Out-of-hours works will include the following:
- A temporary Margaret St off-ramp closure for southbound traffic on the Riverside Expressway
- Temporary lane closure (near Margaret St off ramp) for southbound traffic on the Riverside Expressway
- Reduced speed limits on the Riverside Expressway on the approach to the construction site
- Noisy works including, rattle guns and hammering on steel
- Workers entering and existing the site between approved hours.
Detour signage and traffic control will be in place to guide road users during the road closure. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your ongoing patience.