Destination Brisbane Consortium is the project developer responsible for the design, approval and construction of Queen’s Wharf Brisbane.
Queen’s Wharf Brisbane is the largest construction project in Queensland and at its peak will employ nearly 2,000 people.
The consortium has chosen to break the construction down into multiple contractors for different work packages. These include:
- Demolition (completed December 2017)
- Excavation (completed July 2019)
- Mangrove Walk, Bicentennial Bikeway and Waterline Park (completed September 2019)
- The Landing structural works (completed September 2020)
- Neville Bonner Bridge (started March 2020)
- Shell and core construction of Integrated Resort Development (started July 2019)
- Internal fit-out of Integrated Resort Development (started July 2021)
- Public realm including Bicentennial Bikeway upgrade, architecturally designed parks, Velo Café and amenity block (started March 2021)
- Heritage base works including structural support work (started August 2021)
- Tower 5 Precinct early works (started July 2022)
Destination Brisbane currently has three contractors engaged – Multiplex, Fitzgerald and Delta Group.
Multiplex is responsible for the main integrated resort development and public realm works along the Bicentennial Bikeway and Queens Wharf Rd and Fitzgerald is responsible for the Neville Bonner Bridge construction.
Standard construction hours are from 6.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Saturday. Currently, Multiplex is approved to undertake night works (excluding Friday and Saturday nights) and outside these hours construction notices are issued and uploaded to the website under construction.
To stay informed about the project and construction activities please subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter or sign-up for construction updates by following the stay informed tab at the top of this page.
Destination Brisbane Consortium is excited to be building this transformational city changing project for Brisbane and we thank the community for their patience while this work is undertaken.
For general enquiries please contact the Consortium direct on 1800 104 535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.