From Monday 22 March 2021 Miller Park and Queens Wharf Road will be fenced and closed for public access while construction works are underway. Please use alternative routes.
From 22 March 2021 until late-2022 Miller Park and Queens Wharf Rd will be under construction as part of Queens Wharf Brisbane public space upgrades. Work hours will be Monday to Friday 6.30am to 6.30pm.
In addition to the work occurring along the Bicentennial Bikeway, new work will commence along Queens Wharf Road, the grass ridgeline (between the road and bikeway) and into Miller Park. Pedestrian access along Queens Wharf Rd or in Miller Park will not be permitted. Please follow directional signage for the detour route. (Detailed in the map).
What to expect:
Construction will take place in Miller Park and along Queens Wharf Road in stages:
- No through access for pedestrians between Miller Park and Queens Wharf Rd will be permitted
- Miller Park will be fenced and closed for construction from Monday 22 March, with ramp and stair access at the top of the park maintained only for Old State Library Building personnel access.
- Detours for pedestrians accessing William St or the Bicentennial Bikeway will be via the North Quay Ferry terminal stairs and lift (refer to green detour route in map)
- Movement of construction vehicles and plant equipment will occur during construction hours
- Intermittent noisy works are expected, including excavation, saw cutting, jackhammering and drilling.