Weekend works: Temporary George St road closure between Margaret and Charlotte St
DATE UPDATED (due to weather): On Saturday 4 December to Sunday 5 December 2021, out-of-hours works and traffic detour in place for tower crane removal by a mobile crane set-up on George St.
A road closure is scheduled between 4am Saturday 4 December and 6pm Sunday 5 December requiring an exclusion area on George St for the while works to remove the tower crane occur.
Out-of-hours works are scheduled between 5am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Works are subject to weather and if required, will be rescheduled to the following weekend with a revised notice issued.
The temporary road closure to remove a tower crane will occur on George St between Margaret and Charlotte St. Local access will be maintained at all times for Mary St and George St.
Temporary traffic changes:
For access to George St a detour will be in place for Margaret St traffic, continuing to Eagle St and onto Charlotte St (refer to map).
What to expect:
Out-of-hours works and temporary road closure will include the following:
- A temporary detour for motorists travelling on Margaret St for access to George St
- Motorists may experience some delays as part of the temporary detour
- Heavy vehicles and machinery on George St between Margaret and Charlotte St
- A mobile crane set up on George St to remove the tower crane
- Noisy works including, rattle guns and hammering on steel
- Workers entering and existing the site between approved hours
- In the event the works are finished before 6pm Sunday, the road will open earlier as well.
Detour signage and traffic control will be in place to guide road users during the road closure. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your ongoing patience.