Night works extended: Margaret Street off-ramp closures
Works have been extended: northbound and southbound Margaret Street off-ramps will be closed for motorists for an additional three nights.
The works being completed at night are to temporarily realign the lanes on Margaret Street so an exclusion zone can be made for works on the new basement ramp and entry/exit into Queen’s Wharf.
Works have been extended for three nights from Tuesday 4 July to Thursday 6 July 2023 between 9pm to 5am. Works are underway to temporarily realign the lanes on Margaret Street.
Northbound and southbound off-ramps onto Margaret Street will be closed while works are underway on Margaret Street.
Gardens Point Road access onto Margaret Street will be available at all times during the works.
Changed traffic conditions:
Motorists accessing the CBD will need to use the Elizabeth Street southbound and northbound off-ramps. Follow the signage on the Riverside Expressway.
Margaret Street once works are completed:
The temporary Margaret Street lane realignment will include the following:
- Reduced speed limits on the approach to the construction site
- Amended line marking to Margaret Street off-ramps
- New give way signage for motorists exiting Gardens Point Road onto Margaret Street
- Four lanes are being reduced to three lanes to accommodate critical construction work
- The Margaret Street off-ramps will continue to have dedicated lanes into Margaret Street.
The left turn from Margaret Street onto George Street will be maintained. Additional signage to guide road users will also be in place. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your ongoing patience.