What are some of the beneficial economic impacts to be driven by the development?
Queen’s Wharf Brisbane will deliver transformational impacts on Queensland jobs, training and tourism. Some key impacts include:
- Creation of around 2000 jobs during the peak construction period.
- Creation of more than 8000 jobs in Queensland once fully operational.
- Projected 1.39 million additional tourists per annum.
- Projected $1.69 billion annual increase in Queensland tourism spend.
- $4 billion projected boost to Gross State Product.
- Additional training and apprenticeship opportunities through the Queensland Hotel & Hospitality School, a landmark partnership established in 2015 between The Star Entertainment Group and TAFE Queensland. For more visit tafebrisbane.edu.au/qhhs or tafeqld.edu.au
- The relocation of The Star Entertainment Group’s corporate office from Sydney to Queensland.