In March 2018, excavation and shoring of the biggest basement in Queensland commenced on site at Queen’s Wharf Brisbane.
Since then around 380,000 3 of material (including demolition material from the former building basements and excavation material) has been removed from site, with 45,000m3 remaining – the equivalent of just over 18 Olympic swimming pools.
Approximately 25,000m3 of material sits in the ramp up to William St alone, and will be the last of the material to be removed.
Excavation is expected to be complete in August 2019 and while the remaining excavation material continues to be removed, construction of the concrete lift core foundations (raft pads) began this month with the first 400m3 of concrete poured on site in Tower 3 of the future integrated resort development.
On completion, the integrated resort will feature:
- More than 1,000 premium hotel rooms operating under four new hotel brands to Brisbane including The Ritz-Carlton, Rosewood, Dorsett and (The Star Entertainment Group’s) Grand Hotel.
- A five-star hotel located in the signature Arc-shaped building, offering unprecedented luxury with direct connection to elevated premium fine-dining experiences, VIP gaming and unsurpassed views of the city and river from every room.
- Elevated Sky Deck open to the public and positioned 100 metres above William Street, offering spectacular 360-degree views of the river and city.
- Moonlight cinema offering gold-class and outdoor roof top cinemas, black tie event space and outdoor performances.
- World-class gaming facilities that will replace the existing Treasury Casino (still only one casino for Brisbane).