Out-of-hours works: Margaret St off-ramp temporary closure for southbound traffic only
On Saturday 15 January 2022, out-of-hours works and a temporary traffic detour will be required to climb a tower crane adjacent to the Margaret St off-ramp.
Out-of-hours works are scheduled on Saturday 15 January 2022 from 3am and 11am and require an exclusion area on Margaret St while works to climb a tower crane within the Queen’s Wharf site occur.
Early morning road closures are required to minimise impacts to the road network over the weekend. All works are subject to weather and site conditions, if required these works will be rescheduled to the next available weekend.
Work will occur within the Queen’s Wharf site while the Margaret St off-ramp is temporary closed as an exclusion zone while works are underway (see map). A temporary lane closure and reduced speed limits will be in place for southbound traffic.
Temporary traffic changes:
For inbound city traffic, use Elizabeth St or Turbot St Riverside Expressway off-ramps. Access to 1 William Street will be via Alice St and Gardens Point Road. Access to 1 William Street will be maintained at all times.
What to expect:
Out-of-hours works will include the following:
- A temporary Margaret St off-ramp closure for southbound traffic on the Riverside Expressway
- Temporary lane closures for southbound traffic on the Riverside Expressway
- Reduced speed limits on the Riverside Expressway on the approach to the construction site
- Noisy works including, rattle guns and hammering on steel
- Workers entering and existing the site between approved hours.
Detour signage and traffic control will be in place to guide road users during the road closure. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your ongoing patience.
For construction related enquiries contact Multiplex on:
P: 1800 931 760 (toll free 24/7)